Thursday, February 17, 2011

Walk Beside Me

I just love this sentiment! I found it thru Free Digital Stamps at Sentimental Sundays a few weeks ago & have been just waiting for the right inspiration to hit me so I could put it on a card. Lucky for me, it hit me last night lol! The over all "recipe" is this week's sketch at The Sweet Stop. At both Fab-N-Funky & Simon Says Stamp this week's challenge is to make your own embellishment- mine is the little butterfly. It is a rub on from Dooblebug & I applied it to plain paper, cut it out, added the little pearls to the middle & then glued a knotted scrap of embroidery floss behind for the "feelers". The top & bottom of the "framed" sentiment is a frame I cut out w/ my Cricut & then altered to fit. (not sure which cartridge I used-I have an envelope of stuff I cut out & hold on to until I need it) I am also entering this one on Going Grey w/ Scrap Creations where the challenge is Spring & at Kraftin Kimmies where this week's challenge is a recipe: 3 main colors, 2 patterned papers & 1 button. DP used: flowers Bo Bunny, Alissa Twirls & Basic Grey, Two Scoops, Very Berry Sundae; black & turquoise card stock, black pearls from Michaels, Prima flowers, embroidery floss, button from my huge hoarders bucket lol!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Candi, I love the layout and the DP and the sentiment is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at Fab 'n' Funky...hugs Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful!! I love the colors and the pretty frame around the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with us this week at Going Grey with scrap-creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous!! Such a beautiful sentiment!Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! this is stunning! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp! hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words are greatly appreciated! :) Candi