Friday, February 11, 2011

I admit it, I never really liked the Wizard of Oz

I know, I know... every kid is supposed to like the Wizard of Oz right?! I never did. I thought Dorothy was a little on the whiny side & quite honestly those flying monkeys FREAKED me out! LOL! I have to say though, I AM IN LOVE  with the new set of digi's A Little Bit of Oz over at Bugaboo! Super duper cute & guess what... No flying monkeys! hee hee!


I chose an actual line from the movie for my sentiment & typed it out using a font called Storybook. I colored the little sweetie in w/ chalks & then added a touch of glossy accent here & there to add a little shine to his tin.

Close up of sentiment. Could be a Valentine or a thank you for someone who did something extra sweet. Or even a "pick me up" card. I can't wait for a reason to give this guy away, but will be sad to see him go! I really liked how it turned out
 Very simple card, not too many supplies used. Sparkly paper came from a DCWV stack pack, black, grey, white cardstock & black pearls came from Michael's. I made him using this week's CPS sketch & for the Catch the Bug anything goes theme.
I am also posting to:
Stamp Something "Something for your Valentine"
Crafty Cardmakers  "Hearts"

6 comments:

  1. How sweet Candi! I have to say I agree with you on the whole Wizard of Oz thing...I mean, it was "okay" but it never really knocked my socks off. These images though....THEY knock my socks off and you've colored this guy so sweetly. I like how you gave him rosy cheeks! Thanks for playing along at Catch the Bug!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh too cute, love the Black and White! Thanks for playing at CATCH-THE-BUG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way too cute!! Those flying monkeys always freaked me out too!!
    Thanks so much for playin' along with this week's Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! I hope you'll join us again this Saturday for something 'DIFFERENT'. :)
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOO HOO Candi! I'm so happy for you that you won this week! Now you get to go shopping for SEVEN images! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute!! Great job with the CPS sketch! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your win at Bugaboo with this lovely card. The colours of the tin man work really well wit the DCWV paper.

    Thank you very much for entering our Hearts challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the prize draw

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words are greatly appreciated! :) Candi