Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh, For the Love of Coffee!

Ok, so I admit it.. I do so LOVE my coffee! The very smell of it makes me smile & feel a little giddy. So when I was sitting last night very uninspired & thinking I would just go to bed early & forget about the challenges I wanted to play in I looked one more time thru my images that I had in front of me & BAM! the idea for this card hit me:
The super sassy image of Ruby(colored w/ pencils & then chalked around edges) is from Bugaboo If you get a chance pop over there & check out the great Freebies Jodie is offering from her new Wizrd of Oz collection-very cute! The sentiment I printed out using Microsoft Publisher (can't remember the font) the brown dp is from My Minds Eye & the blue is a scrap from my stash from year's ago.. not sure where it came from. The ribbon is off of a Christmas package (reuse!) and of the course the coffee beans are from my pantry lol!
The challenges that helped inspire me are:

CPS #203
Sketch from CPS
Colors "Chocolate & Blue" at Fab -n- Funky (this is my first time playing along w/ them-I just found them)
And then "reduce & re-use" challenge at Kraftin Kimmies (also my first time playing along-my reuse items are the blue dp, ribbon & the coffee beans-but I have been casing the blog for a while) Oh & if you hurry, drop by  Kraftin Kimmies Stamps before the end of the day.. It is Kimmies birthday & she is offering a discount! Yippee! Happy birthday Kimmie! (BTW.. I will be celebrating that milestone next year:))

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! Great job! Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!!
    Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week.
    Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the coffee beans on this fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too funny! Love the beans, how perfect with that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words are greatly appreciated! :) Candi