Wednesday, August 10, 2011

For the Love of a Fur Baby

I'm not sure why I decided that I needed to add a heeler to my family. I don't know who told me that they were wonderful, smart dogs. All I do know is that they are WAY different from the black lab that we had before.... My sweet little fur baby has been with me for a little over 3 years now & let me tell you there were days when I wasn't sure if he would make it with our family! If you have never had the pleasure of being in the "pack" of a heeler then you are not going to relate. OMGosh, it is a different world! If they are bored, or unhappy, everyone is unhappy & they will find ways to keep themselves occupied & the activities they find on their own are not always family approved! (I believe as a pup my guy chewed thru 4 garden hoses & could not keep the stuffing inside any bed I ever brought home for him) But now I have a special friend who wants to mind & behave -after that initial rush of excitement that he is no longer alone..no one has EVER been so happy to see me! And I am truly the center of his world.

I fell in love with the Bronte images at Mo's Digital Pencil because they remind me so much of my Rhett. Of course he hasn't quite acquired the stocky body yet, but the looks Mo captures are spot on for his personality. The challenge this week at Mo's Digital Challenge is to make an easel card w/ an animal on it so I had to use one w/ Bronte
I tried really hard to get my coloring to match my baby's markings, not sure I hit the mark, but came close!
Here is a close up of him & here is the "real" baby
The sentiment is from Create with TLC, I just cut it into sections & then popped up on circles that I punched out & put together to mimic the circles on the DP
I am also entering on :
Sweet Stop, the front panel was inspired by this week's sketch
Stamp Something, Digi days
Make it Monday, anything goes
The Crafty Ho's, last challenge :( Anything goes

7 comments:

  1. Real cute card, love what you did with the elements. Great.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh...I love that bow! How adorable! Love this card! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card. Love the fun story as well. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our pets add so much to our lives...thanks for sharing your Rhett story with us as well as this adorable card! Love the Mo Manning image and your easel card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty easel card. Love the sweet image. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous little dog and so much like the image on your great card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is fabulous! Love the design, embellishments and papers you used! LOVE your fur baby too! Hugs, Karen

    P.S. If you have time to stop by, I'm giving away some blog candy!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words are greatly appreciated! :) Candi