Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Got Cake?!

I have a whole bunch o birthdays coming up so I am gearing up by getting to my card makin early.
I created the back ground by sponging on chalk in a dark purple, deep blue & medium pink & swirling & blending all together. The DP & "Got Cake" sticker is from an Imaninesce pack "All Kinds of Happy". The flowers are from Close to My Heart- they were white & I colored them by sponging on ink: Gypsy, CTMH & Almost Amethyst, SU. Sparkly flowers are ?- they were in my hoarders supply drawer & the pearls are Recollections from Michaels. The sweet lil gal is Gabrielle from Kraftin Kimmies Stamps. I used a few different medium for coloring her in... I used a blender pen w/ chalks for her dress & tea cup/saucer, an old zig pen meant for shading black & white photos (I found when I was cleaning out some of my stuff) to color her skin, a blender pen dipped in Ranger ind distressing ink for her hair (Vintage Photo & Fired Brick) & a pencil to give a little pink to her cheeks.
You will see this fun card posted at:
The Sweet Stop SSS102 Sketch
Papertake Weekly anything goes + something new (the flowers were new+new technique used to color them)
Bunny Zoe's Birthday +pearls (My first time playing along here)
By The Cute & Girly Something cute & girly
Card Makin' Mamas Embellish it -they are also looking for Guest Design Team members, think I will through my hat in for that too! :)

Woo hoo! So one down & about 5 more to go! I will have to burn the midnight oil & try to bust out a few "springy" cards I have ideas for floating around in my head to go along w/ the b-day cards.....(HA! Any one who knows my craftin & sleep habits knows I am usually always up till midnight or later every night who needs sleep?!)

2 comments:

  1. She sure is cute and girly. Lovely colouring.
    thank you for entering the By the Cute and Girly challenge this month.
    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete

Your kind words are greatly appreciated! :) Candi